Day 1 - 19 June 2019
Big Data Strategies: Chairman’s Welcome
Opening Presentation: Building a data and Analytics Strategy
Identifying game-changing advances e.g. predictive analytics and AI Expanding your strategy
Keynote: Delivering business value through Data Analytics
- Accessing the power of unstructured data through machine learning
- Creating business value and actionable insights from unstructured data
- How images, video, speech and text can all be better recognised and processed
- Key use cases and data sets that can benefit most from a ML approach
Panel: Creating a data-driven culture
- Establishing evidence-based decision making as a core part of the digital workplace
- Defining a clear strategy to leverage data whenever and wherever possible to enhance business efficiency and effectiveness.
- Putting big data at the heart of your business
- Closing the data literacy gap, hiring talent and getting buy in from the top.
Establishing and developing a highly competitive Data Sciences team
- Getting the right skills balance – what new competencies are required?
- Developing the leadership skills to catalyse data sciences adoption across the organization.
- Employee engagement – approaches to boost retention of top data sciences talent.
Does the Cambridge Analytica scandal undermine the potential of big data?
The revelations that 50 million Facebook profiles were harvested by Cambridge Analytics for political campaigns, alongside the ‘Delete Facebook’ movement, showed that many users increasingly concerned about how their data is being used. In this session we will look at:
- Are users more wary about how their data is being utilised?
- How to gain trust and ensure privacy
- How is GDPR affecting things and what can we expect from future regulation?
- Can blockchain and artificial intelligence ensure greater transparency of data?
Panel: Building an Effective Big Data Strategy
- What business problems are you trying to solve?
- Data governance – what data to use, what other sources are there?
- Bring together data, analytics, people and frontline tools to create business value
- Dealing with legacy
Afternoon Keynote: Making Big Data the centre of your business model
- What problems is Big Data helping to solve?
- What data will be used? How will it be generated and analysed?
- How to encourage Big Data Innovation and stay ahead of the pack
Telling a story with data and analytics
- What is data storytelling and how is it evolving?
- Combining data visualisation and narrative techniques to deliver insights
- Going beyond reporting and dashboarding
Panel: Big Data – Creating Intelligent Data Models.
- The increased need for big data analytics to drive AI & Machine learning
- How to successfully unlock unstructured data & transform into learnable features
- The advancement of self-service big data tools & its benefit for your organisation
Unlocking unstructured Data
- How machine learning is making unstructured data accessible
The data centre of the future
- Data centre hardware being built specifically for AI/big data workloads
- Is your infrastructure up to the task?
- How machine learning can help intelligently manage capacity
- The continued rise of the software-defined data centre (SDDC)