27 June 2018
Data Analytics for AI and IoT: Chair’s welcome and opening remarks
Keynote: Information is everything
Data is the new oil is a familiar paradigm in 2018, but until we learn to process and derive actionable insights from this data how valuable is it? This talk will cover a real life case study where a business has successfully taken data generated by the IoT and converted into into real business actions. Hear about their journey, and their recommendations for uncovering new economic structures made available by access to intelligent data.
Panel: IoT and AI data analytics for intelligent decision making
Data Scientist Precision Horticulture Monsanto
10:10AM - Day 1
Chief Data Officer
10:10AM - Day 1
11:45AM - Day 1
- Identifying target-rich, high-value data that can be used to generate business intelligence
- Using cloud analytics platforms to derive value from IoT data
- Discussing the barriers to widespread IoT/ AI /Big Data value delivery and how these might be overcome.
- Real time data analytics in practice – examples of how IoT / AI data is creating business efficiency and revolutionising working practices
Solo: Edge processing for data analytics and training AI Algorithms
- How the huge influx of data will require fit-for-purpose architecture. What is the distance from the edge to your device and how to consider this during the creation of your IOT / AI architecture?
- Discussing how IoT / AI architectures need to be put in place to ensure increased compatibility across domains.
- Using cloud analytics platforms to derive value from IoT / AI data vs physical gateways -pros and cons.
Cognitive Outcomes: The Magical Formula Behind Smart Manufacturing
Sales Director Europe
12:10PM - Day 1
Industries across the spectrum are witnessing data explosion. With the data we’re generating every day now running into beyond humanly manageable proportions (and 80% of it being unstructured), the time has come for manufacturers to scale up with cognitive predictive maintenance. Join this session to learn how you can leverage the IoT data into meaningful insights to get real-time equipment health updates on the go to facilitate agile, smart decisions.
Solo: Can AI replace Human Analysts?
Solo: Beyond predictive analytics to full artificial intelligence for the IoT
The future of manufacturing and many other industries is moving from descriptive to prescriptive analytics and operational intelligence, and even beyond this to adopting machine learning and artificial intelligence into the management of its IoT devices. What will this shift do the existing role of IoT in businesses? What are the benefits and dangers to those using IoT devices? What can predictive platforms: devices that can autonomously adjust parameters based upon measured and received data, and artificial intelligence that creates its own rules and outcomes based on learned experiences play within the modern business? Real life examples from across the industrial IoT. Finally this talk will address one of the fundamental issues with moving towards AI – Where should the responsibility behind AI lie?
Panel: Big Data – Creating Intelligent Data Models
Filippo F.G. Della Casa
Head of Analytics
Leithà – Unipol Group
02:40PM - Day 1
- The increased need for big data analytics to drive AI & Machine learning
- How to successfully unlock unstructured data & transform into learnable features
- The advancement of self-service big data tools & its benefit for your organisation
Data and ML architecture
- Frameworks for data acquisition
- Creating big data and ML pipelines to power algorithms
- Model training and evaluation
- Designing a scalable and robust infrastructure
- How to utilize cloud-based systems for complex computing