Day 1 - 26 September 2023
Applied Digital, Data & AI: Chairpersons Welcome
Chairpersons welcome and opening remarks.
Director - Product (Data Science & Machine Learning Platform)
10:00AM - Day 1
View Presentation: Big Data & ML in Scaling Organisations
Presentation: Big Data & ML in Scaling Organisations
- How to move your project from “experimentation” to “live”.
- Turning AI into ROI – understanding why you need AI.
- Top tips for moving your pilot to the next stage.
. Sanchit Juneja, Director - Product (Data Science & Machine Learning Platform), Booking.com
Keynote Presentation: Embracing AI to Drive Digital Transformation
- Discussing how AI is creating significant value across industries.
- How does AI serve to benefit both small and medium business, as well as large enterprises?
- What are the implications of ethical AI when trying to digitalise services?
- A future focus, what are the next steps for AI led digital transformation?
Presentation: Building Trust Through Explainability for AI and Digital Transformation
- How to build AI systems collaboratively.
- The five stages of explaining AI in practice.
- Overcoming hesitation to deploy AI-powered solutions.
Panel: Building an Augmented Workforce
- The rapid rollout of the augmented workforce due to labour shortages – what does this currently look like across enterprises?
- Aiding employees’ skills and capabilities with AI, ML and intelligent automation to help build a digitally enabled and efficient workforce.
- Discussing the idea that an augmented workforce can boost employee satisfaction due to automation of repetitive tasks and more time for innovation.
- It takes two – tackling the idea that humans are being replaced by technologies.
Presentation: Learning like Humans through Reinforcement Learning
Delving into how decision-making and reward-based training is being used to train AI models in the same way humans learn through trial-and-error.
Presentation: Low-code and No-code Technologies – Closing the Skills Gap
- As low-code and no-code technologies can be quickly rolled out, why haven’t these been adopted sooner?
- Closing the AI skills gap – where to start?
- While these technologies create a quick fix, are they a long-term solution?
Presentation: The Rise of AIOps
- Looking at how to truly embed AI into internal processes to enhance the teams’ capabilities, not disrupt the workflow – the rise of AIOps
- Giving employees the training and tools they need to be developers, not just users.
- Fitting technology to the solution, not the other way around.
Lunch & Networking Break
Presentation: The Optimum Automation – Hyperautomation
- Saving time and resources by automating repetitive, information heavy processes.
- Starting, stopping and altering automation in real-time – how AI automation keeps optimising throughout the chain.
- Automating with improved accuracy, speed and reliability.
Presentation: Streamlining and Simplifying with Intelligent Automation
- The new capabilities of RPA and AI combined for complex business tasks.
- How do you ensure information exchange is consistently accurate?
- What IA looks like across industries.
- As many view IA as the future of work, how quickly will this come into play on a mass scale?
Panel: Talking Digitally with NLP
- The current work within the NLP (Natural Language Processing) landscape – examples of real-life use-cases.
- What industries could benefit from utilising NLP capabilities?
- The next steps and progressions that are needed to break barriers.
Presentation: Evolving the Enterprise with Language Modelling
- How language modelling is enhancing workforce and service capabilities, as well as increased data literacy.
- What are the challenges that need to be considered here?
- Accelerating processes with deep learning and neural networks – looking at the expansion of deep learning at scale across complex tasks.
Presentation: NLP Enabling Enhanced Services
Looking at NLP (Natural Language Processing) progressions like OpenAI for enhanced user experiences and automated responses.
End of Day
View day 2 content here:
- Optimised Data & Analytics
- Transformational AI
- Human-centred Approaches to DTX