Simon Asplen-Taylor is an experienced and successful Chief Data Officer. He specialises in transforming business using data. He has a unique depth and breadth of data experience covering more than 30 years having worked across many sectors. Simon builds and leads successful data teams that include data science, data governance, data quality, business intelligence and reporting, architecture, and data infrastructure.
- Building a billion-pound business case exploiting data for a UK FTSE100 company, which successfully delivered and generated a significant uplift in share price.
- Running one of the largest data transformations across Europe.
- Leading a data transformation in a FTSE 250 business that underpinned a 64% improvement in the company’s margin.
- Building and leading the data capabilities of several large organisations.
- Leading the data consulting practice of a UK consultancy advising clients across Financial Services, Telco, Retail, Entertainment, Media, and Insurance.