Day 1 - 18 April 2018
Enterprise AI and Digital Transformation: Chair’s Welcome and opening comments
Professor Leslie Willcocks
Professor of Technology Work and Globalisation
The London School of Economics and Political Science
09:15AM - Day 1
Keynote: An Automation Revolution: The Smart Actions of Leading Companies
- The real impact of robotic process and cognitive automation on Enterprises
- Cases of multiple business benefits being delivered.
- How are organisations implementing and scaling automation projects? What are the challenges?
- Will the robots really take all the jobs? How can the workforce adapt?
AI-Powered Search: Propelling data driven organisations into the information age
Organisations need tools like Search augmented by Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning and Deep Learning, to extract actionable information from all enterprise data
Executive Director – Head of Quantitative Research and Advanced Analytics
09:00AM - Day 1
Head of Data Science
10:15AM - Day 1
Executive Director and Deputy Chief Technical Officer
10:15AM - Day 1
Keynote Panel: Building an AI Strategy for Enterprise
- How are large companies deploying AI and machine learning?
- How will AI redefine management strategies & make your business smarter
- The latest updates and use cases in enterprise workflows
- Selection & appointment of your tech platform
- Measuring ROI and scaling AI projects
Lord Tim Clement-Jones
Chair of the House of Lords Artificial Intelligence Select Committee and Co-Chair of the All Party Parliamentary Group on Artificial Intelligence
11:30AM - Day 1
Conclusions and Recommendations of the House of Lords AI Select Committee report
The House of Lords AI Select Committee report looks domestically and internationally at the implications and applications of AI and the role that the UK can play in developing it.
Recommendation to the UK government will cover how to:
- Realise the opportunities presented by AI generally and in a number of key sectors
- Tackle economic and Societal implications
- Putting in place ethical oversight on the use of data and the use of AI
- Build public trust /Public Engagement
- Put in place future regulation or legislation where appropriate.
Case Study: The role of AI in the workplace
- Discussing the role of AI in the present and future workplace for tasks such as recruitment, talent development and HR operations
- What will the impact of a AI based workforce be on the future of the human workforce?
- Examples of using chatbots and other AI technologies within the modern workplace to improve processes from across Enterprise
Panel: The application of Deep Learning within an Enterprise
- How are large organisations deploying machine learning & data?
- Is your organisation ready for machine learning and when should you use it?
- Effectively using Deep Learning to gain competitive advantage and drive better customer experiences
- What organisational challenges does implementing deep learning bring up?
CTO for Analytics, Big Data and IoT for EMEA
02:00PM - Day 1
Afternoon Keynote: The path to AI Transformation – How organisations are taking it.
Technology development is taking place at an exponentially increasing pace which us, as humans, are incapable of catching up with socially, culturally, politically and morally. The companies that are capable of leveraging their data and making it part of their own fabric are the ones that have proven to be most successful. AI comes into play as an extremely useful tool to augment our capabilities and makes us more productive, efficient and, simultaneously, allowing us to focus on tasks that are more creative and fulfilling. In this presentation, we will share our views and experience on how to create the best foundations to start or continue in this path to AI transformation.
Case Study: Using Machine Learning and Data Science to understand user patterns in website click events
- With over 50 million monthly visits to the AutoTrader UK website we capture a rich variety of search and click event data.
- Analysing, visualizing, and understanding the main patterns and groupings within that data is a key goal for the Data Science team at AutoTrader.
- To do this we have utilised big data processing frameworks such as Apache Spark to extract and pre-process the click event data, as well as applying visualizations and analysis techniques from other scientific domains.
- I will give an outline of the approaches we have tried at AutoTrader UK, highlighting what worked well, what didn’t work so well, and potential next steps.
Driving value from Enterprise AI
- What AI is and isn’t and how it is of use to business
- Examples of AI systems beyond machine learning and common errors made trying to extract value from AI systems
- A look at modern development practices and tools with examples of real life projects
- Rules for success in determining which projects to address and avoiding failure
Leonardo De Marchi
Lead Data Scientist
04:00PM - Day 1
From Zero to Deep Learning: how to integrate Deep Learning into your organization
Deep learning at work. Best practices and examples from Badoo – the world’s most widely used dating-focused social network.
Tony Blair Institute for Global Change
04:30PM - Day 1
Professor of Computational Statistics and Machine Learning
University College London
04:30PM - Day 1
AI for Good Foundation
09:50AM - Day 2
04:30PM - Day 1
Panel: AI for Social Good
- How is AI being successfully applied to challenge problems
- What are the potential uses of AI across various sectors that are essential for social good
- AI’s impact across Health, Environmental Sustainability and Public Welfare
- The opportunities and challenges that automation brings for developing countries