Day 1 - 17 March 2020
Director of Enterprise
Imperial College London
09:40PM - Day 1
Applied AI & Big Data: Chair’s Welcome and Opening Remarks
Keynote: The daily business of AI
- Reviewing your AI output
- The role of analytics in AI
- How to achieve responsible and ethical AI
- Transforming business processes at scale
Panel: AI for Social good
- How is AI being successfully applied to challenge social problems?
- What are the potential uses of AI to solve social and ethical problems?
- AI’s impact across Health, Environmental Sustainability and Public Welfare
11:40AM - Day 1
AI & Big Data transforming Healthcare
- How is AI changing the way that healthcare is delivered?
- Machine learning and big data – how to leverage new data sets to deliver personalised medicine
- Innovative ways machine learning and deep learning are being used to develop new drugs
- Challenges for the future
AI Hub Lead
12:10PM - Day 1
AI for Good. How we used AI to help MND patients
The talk will present a project for the Motor Neuron Disease Association. The Rolls Royce London AI Hub (part of R2 Data Labs) is leading the work in developing an intelligent conversation system, that will enable MND patients to communicate effortlessly and in a spontaneous manner. The project has been undertaken by a large consortium of tech & engineering companies (Rolls Royce, Microsoft, Google, Intel, Accenture, Dell, Computacenter, etc). The aim of the project is to use Artificial Intelligence to help MND patients tackle some of the symptoms they have to live with.
Impact of AI in the Energy Sector
- What are the challenges of delivering energy in the 21st century and how can modern technology help?
- Improving performance, resources and safety with the help of AI
- Applying advanced analytics and machine learning for better operations and business optimisation
Transforming the retail experience with AI & Big Data
- Using big data, machine learning, AI and the IoT to ensure a seamless experience between the online customer experience and the in-store experience
- Applying big data and AI to combat counterfeit products and improve sales and customer relationships
- Understanding customers with facial recognition technology in store
AI and Social Media
- Drawing value from unstructured data sets with deep learning technologies and neural networks
- Fighting cyberbullying and offensive comments with Big Data and AI
- Enhancing user experience and learning user preferences
Panel: Examining AI uses in Banking & Financial Services
- Explore current AI applications within the financial & banking sectors
- Automated financial advisors and planning developments, and data driven lending systems
- The future value of machine learning within the finance & banking sectors enabling fraud reduction
- Bots and conversational banking