Day 1 - 17 March 2020
Applied AI & Big Data: Chair’s Welcome and Opening Remarks
President & CEO
10:00AM - Day 1
Keynote: The daily business of AI
- Reviewing your AI output
- The role of analytics in AI
- How to achieve responsible and ethical AI
- Transforming business processes at scale
Panel: Data and the customer
- What problems is Big Data helping to solve?
- What data will be used? How will it be generated and analysed?
- Getting value out of customer data whilst maintaining GDPR and customer privacy
- How to encourage Big Data Innovation and stay ahead of the pack.
11:40AM - Day 1
AI & Big Data transforming Healthcare
- How is AI changing the way that healthcare is delivered?
- Machine learning and big data – how to leverage new data sets
- Challenges now and for the future
AI Hub Lead
12:10PM - Day 1
AI for Good. How we used AI to help MND patients
The talk will present a project for the Motor Neuron Disease Association. The Rolls Royce London AI Hub (part of R2 Data Labs) is leading the work in developing an intelligent conversation system, that will enable MND patients to communicate effortlessly and in a spontaneous manner. The project has been undertaken by a large consortium of tech & engineering companies (Rolls Royce, Microsoft, Google, Intel, Accenture, Dell, Computacenter, etc). The aim of the project is to use Artificial Intelligence to help MND patients tackle some of the symptoms they have to live with.
Impact of AI in the Energy Sector
- What are the challenges of delivering energy in the 21st century and how can modern technology help?
- Improving performance, resources and safety with the help of AI
- Applying advanced analytics and machine learning for better operations and business optimisation
Visiting Research Fellow
02:40PM - Day 1
Artificial Intelligence, theory and practice – 6 mini case studies
- Graph theory and fraud detection
- Image processing, Fourier transform and removing atmospheric blur in astronomy
- Inferencing (computer reasoning) and sports coaching
- AI and Mars landers
- Embedded computing and prosthetic senses
- Artificial sentience and simulating people
How AI is Delivering Lasting Benefit to the World’s Largest Building Society
How Nationwide used both supervised and unsupervised methods for helping our Mortgage Retention team have the tools available to make more data driven approaches to selecting upcoming mortgage rates to optimize between retention of members and increased profit margins.
Head of Data Science
03:40PM - Day 1
Head of Data & Analytics for Commerical & Private Banking
03:40PM - Day 1
Head of Technology & Cyber Risk Analytics
BNP Paribas Group
12:30PM - Day 1
03:40PM - Day 1
Panel: Examining AI uses in Banking & Financial Services
- Explore current AI applications within the financial & banking sectors
- Automated financial advisors and planning developments, and data driven lending systems
- The future value of machine learning within the finance & banking sectors enabling fraud reduction
- Complying with regulations and addressing ethics
- Bots and conversational banking