Day 2 - 26 April 2019
Big Data Business Solutions: Chairman’s Welcome
09:50AM - Day 2
Keynote: Responsibility in the Data Age
We are entering the data age. Our entire society is increasingly pervaded by digital technology. Individuals, businesses and government now rely on computing systems to operate, to grow and to improve. Success at nearly any endeavour now involves data. Software is rapidly advancing to meet these needs. This has happened so quickly that some social aspects have been neglected. As we become aware of technology’s potential negative impacts on society, we have a responsibility. We must now develop methods to regulate and validate that our systems are worthy of trust and adoption. Just as 100 years ago automobiles required required us to develop new safety standards, licensing regimes, insurance, taxation, etc., now we must similarly integrate data technology into our society, so that it might better achieve its promise.
Panel: Creating a data-driven culture
- Establishing evidence-based decision making as a core part of the digital workplace
- Defining a clear strategy to leverage data whenever and wherever possible to enhance business efficiency and effectiveness.
- Putting big data at the heart of your business
- Closing the data literacy gap, hiring talent and getting buy in from the top.
Head of Advanced Analytics and Data Science
11:30AM - Day 2
From Zero to Data Science: Lessons Learnt
In less than two years since joining Royal Mail as their first ever Head of Data Science, Ben has successfully established a high-performing Data Science function from scratch, developing and delivering significant new revenue opportunities. In this talk he will take you through his exciting journey from “Zero to Data Science”, filled with scientific experiments and business impact. Ben will share his learnings from this experience, highlights and roadblocks included, with the aim of providing you with some practical tips, tools and techniques that will help you accelerate your progress along the Data Science journey in your company.
Chief Commercial and Data Officer
12:00PM - Day 2
Using data to help make Mumsnet be even more useful to parents.
Mumsnet is the largest online network for parents in UK with over 10 million monthly users. Now underpinned by a data platform built in-house we are able to better understand and serve our users and brand clients. Find out how Mumsnet has got here with a focus on data capability and cost efficiency.
Afternoon Keynote: Making Big Data the centre of your business model
- What problems is Big Data helping to solve?
- What data will be used? How will it be generated and analysed?
- How to encourage Big Data Innovation and stay ahead of the pack.
former Head of Performance Reporting and Analytics and the COO – Performance and Assurance
Tideway Project London.
02:30PM - Day 2
Data warehouse, Business Intelligence and Analytics on the Tideway Project
The presentation will cover introduction on the project Tideway project, an over £3bn infrastructure project to complement and modernise the London sewage system. Focus will be inception, needs, implemented Data and information solutions and lessons learnt.
Director - Group Data Sciences
Legal & General
03:00PM - Day 2
Unlocking unstructured Data
How machine learning is making unstructured data accessible
Lead Data Scientist
Marks and Spencer
03:30PM - Day 2
Panel: Big Data – Creating Intelligent Data Models
- The increased need for big data analytics to drive AI & Machine learning
- How to successfully unlock unstructured data & transform into learnable features
- The advancement of self-service big data tools & its benefit for your organisation