Day 2 - 1 December 2023
Canon | Kosh Duo
10:00AM - Day 2
Optimised Data & Analytics: Chairpersons Welcome
Chairpersons welcome and opening remarks.
Presentation: Data Democratisation – Distributing the Workflow
- Centralised Vs de-centralised models – allowing for self-service analytics and non-technical users to access insights and make strategic decisions quickly.
- Allowing for job growth and diversity as those without technical backgrounds can utilise data-led decision making.
- Where data models need to alter to fit this de-centralised shift – is data mesh architecture the answer for irregular, scattered data?
Keynote Presentation: The State of Play for DaaS Business Models
This session will delve into the current Data as a Service (DaaS) models, and how enterprises can capitalise on these services within markets.
Panel: Making the Most of Data
- Identifying and breaking down silos across departments and business data stacks.
- How to maximise data sets and data pipelines.
- Aligning data with specific business goals – making use of insights for targeted business e.g. seasonal buying cycles and customer demand.
- Collection, storage, exchangeability and security – how to ensure optimised processing of data for optimum response and actions.
Data Science Manager
03:30PM - Day 1
12:10PM - Day 2
Presentation: Do Not LLM Before You Can Walk: AI strategy in light of NLP breakthroughs
This presentation, while providing some historical insights into Natural Language Processing (NLP) advancements, highlights the risks of hastily jumping onto the AI bandwagon without a well-defined strategy. We explore the possible challenges in neglecting key factors such as data quality, monitoring and domain expertise while building data products. By understanding the past, attendees will gain a sharper perspective on building reliable and impactful AI data products. Let’s walk confidently before sprinting into the AI revolution, ensuring a solid foundation for success.
Presentation: Back to Basics – Creating a Strong Data Mesh Strategy
- The advantages of decentralizing data
- Utilising the enterprises strategic advantage – how to unlock data’s value.
- Studying current processes for capturing data and looking at next steps.
Yum Foods (KFC)
01:00PM - Day 2
Presentations: Data and Analytics in strategic decision-making
- Leveraging data and analytics to inform and shape strategic priorities
- Harnessing data to identify solutions and create a plan
- Using analytics and visualisation to operationalise and track execution
Lunch & Networking Break
Panel: Real Time Responses through Real Time Intelligence
- How to get the most out of real time intelligence – what process need to be in place to aid this?
- Tackling the issues around legacy systems and the lack of available data for intelligent decision making – what are the current market solutions that can help?
- How being adaptable can lead to optimised services, reduced downtime and in some industries, help save lives.
- Taking the next steps to semi and fully autonomous systems enabling advanced analytics.
Presentation: Reducing Data Risks – Governance, Security & Compliance
- Understanding regulatory and data privacy obligations – how to maximise trust and compliance across assets.
- How to ensure your data environment is giving you the best opportunity to govern access and storage.
- Best practices in DataOps for governance and compliance.
- A future with synthetic data generation.
Head of Data & Analytics
03:00PM - Day 2
Presentation: Pricing Strategy Optimisation through AI
- What traditional pricing strategy looks like and its challenges
- A more scientific approach to choosing the optimal price point
- AI model to predict sales as a basis for the price elasticity model
- Results validation and deployment