Day 1 - 17 March 2020
Enterprise AI: Chair’s Welcome and Opening Remarks
Keynote: AI Powering Digital Transformation
- Is your organisation ready for AI and digital transformation?
- Why should you embrace AI?
- Challenges faced by Enterprises using new deep learning and ML technologies
- Humans and AI working together – creating an AI culture and developing trust within the organisation
Panel: Driving Digital Transformation through AI & Deep Learning
- What are the fundamental buildings blocks needed for build a digital organisation using AI, ML & DL in terms of people, skills and tech?
- Discussing the role of other companies within the process, from start-ups to big ticket providers.
- Examining digital transformation from both industrial and business information perspectives.
- Real life examples of successful transformations from across Enterprise.
The Future Impact of AI on Cyber Crime
With machines fighting machines and increasingly sophisticated human attackers, we are now entering a new era of cyber-threats. The battle is no longer at the perimeter but inside of our organizations, and no security team can keep up with its speed. Cyber-attackers are quickly becoming silent and stealthy, and cyber defense has turned into an arms race.
This new wave of cyber-threats has seen skilled attackers that may lie low for weeks or months. By the time they take definitive steps, their actions blend in with the everyday hum of network activity. These attacks call for a change in the way we protect our most critical assets.
Self-learning and self-defending systems are now being deployed to continually assess business environments. Known as ‘immune system’ defense, this approach is used to uncover threats that have already penetrated the network border, and then automatically fight back. Unlike legacy approaches, which rely on rules or signatures, these technologies work autonomously, enable the security team to focus on high-value tasks, and can counter even fast-moving, automated attackers.
Transparent and accountable AI
The role of AI in the workplace
- Discussing the role of AI in the present and future workplace for tasks such as recruitment, talent development and HR operations
- What will the impact of a AI based workforce be on the future of the human workforce
- Examples of using chatbots and other AI technologies within the modern workplace to improve processes from across Enterprise
AI for Everyone
- What is AI, ML, DL and what are the differences
- Why your business should care
- The state of Enterprise AI today
- A vision of where Enterprise AI should be
Making Enterprise AI a reality
AI advances in process automation
Senior Consultant - Cognitive Development Lead
ISG (Information Services Group)
Interim Head of Data, AI, Automation & Digital
UK Ministry of Defence
04:30PM - Day 1
Panel: The Cognitive Enterprise
- Is your business ready to be transformed by cognitive automation (CA) and robotic process automation (RPA)?
- Which processes are most suitable for CA / RPA?
- What business benefits are being delivered? What are the challenges?
- Timescales for adoption, investment, scaling automation projects
- Examples and best practices from Travel, Insurance, banking , and energy
Day 2 - 18 March 2020
Enterprise AI Day 2: Chair’s Welcome and Opening Remarks
Keynote: The future of AI for customer experience
- Explore how AI is being used to accelerate customer-centric experience design
- Practical applications to leverage AI
- How big data and contextual computing is influencing the consumer
- A look at the next generation of consumer analytics
- Using computer vision and natural language processing to enhance customer experience
Udai Kiran Chilamkurthi
10:20AM - Day 2
Panel: AI in retail and ecommerce
- How are retailers using AI? A look at applications for delivery and stock management
- Using AI to deliver outstanding customer service and customer retention
- Customer recommendations
How to Engage in a Voice-Driven World
- How are brands using voice?
- Opportunities and challenges that using voice interfaces presents.
Panel: Harnessing the powers of chatbots for business
- How internal chatbots are improving employee engagement changing the way we work
- Integrating chatbots into your sales and marketing funnel
- Using chatbots to drive customer loyalty and increase retention rates
- Chatbots for lead generation and personalisation
Afternoon Keynote: Digital Assistants and Their Relationship with the Consumer
- What does the advent of digital intelligent assistants mean for businesses and consumers?
- How are artificial intelligence and machine learning programmes being used in everyday consumer products
- Building consumer trust in AI in areas such as financial planning, education and medical diagnosis
- What are the privacy issues surrounding the use of intelligent assistants & how do we protect data
AI for marketing and advertising
- How can marketeers use AI to better target audiences?
- Analyzing social media data and gleaning insights from voice and video
- AI for content creation
AI & Big Data transforming Healthcare
- How is AI changing the way that healthcare is delivered?
- Machine learning and big data – how to leverage new data sets to deliver personalised medicine
- Innovative ways machine learning and deep learning are being used to develop new drugs
- Challenges for the future