Day 1 - 25 April 2019
Enterprise AI: Chair’s Welcome and opening comments
Dr Marc Teerlink
Global Vice President
09:50AM - Day 1
Keynote: The AI Goldrush: How do you make money off AI & ML?
We’re on the verge of the AI Gold Rush. Yet, only a precious few will become the success stories that panned for gold and strike it rich. Real economic growth will come to those selling the picks, shovels, and jeans equivalents for AI & ML;Training Data, Governance Tools and New Sustainable Revenue Models.
Startups, Tech Companies and Corporate Innovation Centers have started using AI and ML to solve real business problems. There will be a profound transformation for knowledge workers and professionals with AI and ML.
However, it will likely be different than anticipated. AI and ML will not do the job; rather, AI will do the repetitive work and force humans to make choices and decisions faster and easier.
This session centers on the main question “how to capitalize on the AI era”.
Panel: Driving Digital Transformation through AI & Deep Learning
• What are the fundamental buildings blocks needed for build a digital organisation using AI, ML & DL in terms of people, skills and tech?
• Discussing the role of other companies within the process, from start-ups to big ticket providers.
• Examining digital transformation from both industrial and business information perspectives.
• Real life examples of successful transformations from across Enterprise.
Director of Technology
11:30AM - Day 1
The Future Impact of AI on Cyber Crime
With machines fighting machines and increasingly sophisticated human attackers, we are now entering a new era of cyber-threats. The battle is no longer at the perimeter but inside of our organizations, and no security team can keep up with its speed. Cyber-attackers are quickly becoming silent and stealthy, and cyber defense has turned into an arms race.
This new wave of cyber-threats has seen skilled attackers that may lie low for weeks or months. By the time they take definitive steps, their actions blend in with the everyday hum of network activity. These attacks call for a change in the way we protect our most critical assets.
Self-learning and self-defending systems are now being deployed to continually assess business environments. Known as ‘immune system’ defense, this approach is used to uncover threats that have already penetrated the network border, and then automatically fight back. Unlike legacy approaches, which rely on rules or signatures, these technologies work autonomously, enable the security team to focus on high-value tasks, and can counter even fast-moving, automated attackers.
Snr Rep, Wirecard
12:00PM - Day 1
11:40AM - Day 1
Head of Applied Sciences, Business Integration
Lloyds Banking Group
12:00PM - Day 1
Head of Data Science
12:00PM - Day 1
Head of Portfolio Management & Pricing
12:00PM - Day 1
Senior Manager Strategy & Innovation
12:00PM - Day 1
Panel: Examining AI uses in Banking & Finance Services
- Explore current AI applications within the financial & banking sectors
- Automated financial advisors and planning developments, and data driven lending systems
- The future value of machine learning within the finance & banking sectors enabling fraud reduction
- Bots and conversational bankin
Willis Towers Watson
12:40PM - Day 1
The role of AI in the workplace
• Discussing the role of AI in the present and future workplace for tasks such as recruitment, talent development and HR operations
• What will the impact of a AI based workforce be on the future of the human workforce?
• Examples of using chatbots and other AI technologies within the modern workplace to improve processes from across Enterprise
Sr. Director Enterprise
02:40PM - Day 1
Keynote: What is the true adoption of AI
To follow soon…
Head of Research
03:10PM - Day 1
Fairness in AI: Latest developments in AI Safety
To follow soon…
The Path to Enterprise AI: Tales from the Field
Enterprise AI is a target state where every business process is AI-augmented and every employee is an AI beneficiary. But is that really attainable? And, if so, what is the path to get there? In this talk, Dataiku, will share learnings from the field, describing how companies of different sizes and across different sectors have begun this journey. Some are further along than others, and by making the right decisions now and avoiding stumbling blocks, you can to supercharge your quest to this AI-fuelled future.
Panel: Driving value from Enterprise AI
• What AI is and isn’t and how it is of use to business
• Examples of AI systems beyond machine learning and common errors made trying to extract value from AI systems
• A look at modern development practices and tools with examples of real life projects
• Rules for success in determining which projects to address and avoiding failure
• Building a stellar team and retaining talent
Day 2 - 26 April 2019
Enterprise AI Day 2 – Chair’s Welcome and opening comments
Senior Director Of Engineering - Search & Machine Learning
09:50AM - Day 2
Keynote: The future of AI for customer experience
Explore how AI is being used to accelerate customer-centric experience design
• Practical applications to leverage AI
• How big data and contextual computing is influencing the consumer
• A look at the next generation of consumer analytics
• Using computer vision and natural language processing to enhance customer experience
• How does GDPR effect things?
10:20AM - Day 2
Panel: AI in retail and ecommerce
• How are retailers using AI? A look at applications for delivery, payments, CRM, product content management.
• Using AI to deliver outstanding customer service and customer retention
• Customer recommendations
How AI Transformed the Employee Experience at Liberty Mutual -Case Study
Learn first-hand how Liberty Mutual implemented an AI-powered digital assistant and enterprise chatbot to improve the employee experience for its 50,000 employees. The AI-powered digital assistant orchestrates across the many disparate systems within the enterprise to automate tasks, manage the information employees need to know, and elevate communications and reminders outside of email, so employees can get more work done, faster. During the session, attendees will learn: (1) Liberty Mutual’s journey building an AI-driven digital assistant and enterprise chatbot for its 50,000 employees, (2) The benefits of applying AI to improve operational efficiencies and improve the overall employee experience, (3) Key insights into building a strategy for using a chatbot for employee-centric use cases
Panel: Harnessing the powers of chatbots for business
- How internal chatbots are improving employee engagement changing the way we work
- Integrating chatbots into your sales and marketing funnel
- Using chatbots to drive customer loyalty and increase retention rates
- Chatbots for lead generation and personalisation
Head of ML and AI
03:30PM - Day 2
02:10PM - Day 2
Personalization in Food Retail
Machine Learning and AI is dramatically changing the food retail space. We’ll look at the challenges and opportunities building a personalization strategy around a product line with millions of similar but also very different products, with geographically limited delivery zones.
AI for marketing and advertising
How can brands, retailers, and advertisers use AI and Big Data to improve:
– The effectiveness of outdoor advertising campaigns?
– The effectiveness of storefronts and window displays?
– The effectiveness of product packaging and merchandising?
Dr. Marius Terblanche
Senior Clinical Consultant
Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust
03:10PM - Day 2
Panel: AI & Big Data transforming Healthcare
- How is AI changing the way that healthcare is delivered?
- Machine learning and big data – how to leverage new data sets to deliver personalised medicine
- Innovative ways machine learning and deep learning are being used to develop new drugs
- Challenges for the future