Day 1 - 28 November 2018
Big Data Strategies: Chairman’s Welcome
Opening Presentation: Building a data and Analytics Strategy
Identifying game-changing advances e.g. predictive analytics and AI
Expanding your strategy
Keynote: Delivering business value through Data Analytics
- Accessing the power of unstructured data through machine learning
- Creating business value and actionable insights from unstructured data
- How images, video, speech and text can all be better recognised and processed
- Key use cases and data sets that can benefit most from a ML approach
Panel: Creating a data-driven culture
- Establishing evidence-based decision making as a core part of the digital workplace
- Defining a clear strategy to leverage data whenever and wherever possible to enhance business efficiency and effectiveness.
- Putting big data at the heart of your business
- Closing the data literacy gap, hiring talent and getting buy in from the top.
Global Leader, Strategic Alliances & Talent Acquisition, Data Science & Informatics
11:45AM - Day 1
Establishing and developing a highly competitive Data Sciences team
- Getting the right skills balance – what new competencies are required?
- Developing the leadership skills to catalyse data sciences adoption across the organization.
- Employee engagement – approaches to boost retention of top data sciences talent.
Making Sense of Unstructured Data
Structured data only accounts for about 20 percent of stored information. The rest is unstructured data – includes texts, blogs, documents, photos, videos, etc. In this presentation, I will talk about *analytical methods and tools, to analyze unstructured data, *that data scientists may use to gather and analyze information that doesn’t have a pre-defined model or structure. Traditional analytical processes are not adequate to fully understand unstructured data an as such, I want to dwell on some of the newer methods such as semantic analysis and natural language processing to analyze unstructured data. I will talk about the best practices that has worked for me in my quest to untangle unstructured data as well as do shallow dives into Recurrent Neural Networks (RNN) and Convolutional Neural Networks and how deep learning is helping at identifying patterns in unstructured data.
Panel: Building an Effective Big Data Strategy
- What business problems are you trying to solve?
- Data governance – what data to use, what other sources are there?
- Bring together data, analytics, people and frontline tools to create business value
- Dealing with legacy
Afternoon Keynote: Making Big Data the centre of your business model
- What problems is Big Data helping to solve?
- What data will be used? How will it be generated and analysed?
- How to encourage Big Data Innovation and stay ahead of the pack
Lessons learned on experimentation and decision making
Panel: Big Data – Creating Intelligent Data Models
- The increased need for big data analytics to drive AI & Machine learning
- How to successfully unlock unstructured data & transform into learnable features
- The advancement of self-service big data tools & its benefit for your organisation
Solo: Scaling Business Insights on Over a Billion Connected Devices
Netflix users stream on a multitude of device platforms that have differing hardware and application characteristics. Characteristics such as operating system, hardware profiles, connected devices, and Netflix client versions can have significant effects on the user’s streaming experience. The Netflix Device History Service (DHS) is the scalable solution we built for tracking devices and their changing characteristics. This session will explain why DHS was needed to grow our business globally, go in depth on the architectural underpinnings, and describe the key analytic use cases DHS enables.
The data centre of the future
- Data centre hardware being built specifically for AI/big data workloads
- Is your infrastructure up to the task?
- How machine learning can help intelligently manage capacity
- The continued rise of the software-defined data centre (SDDC)